Pure CSS3 Preloaders for Smoother Animation
Why Use a CSS3 Preloader?
Because GIF preloaders are regularly choppy all over heavy lifting.
And because CSS3 looks and works improbable on iOS!
- The download source includes 3 custom-built pure CSS3 preloaders.
- Minimal markup and easy implementation make these preloaders useful for nearly any project.
- Colors and size are easy to change.
- Because they’re built in pure CSS3, the preloaders are retina-in a position by default.
- Each preloader includes a GIF fallback for IE.
- Preload an entire web page (see video above) with a lightbox-style fullscreen preloader.
- An API method that lets you fade the preloader out and in (upon fadeout the keyframe animation is removed automatically for optimal performance).
Lightweight and Easy to Use
The minified CSS is only 3kb, and the minified JS only 1kb.
Here’s a sample of the markup for the first preloader:
<div class="cj-preloader cj-spin"> <span class="cj-outdoor" /><span class="cj-inside" /> </div>
– The first two versions aren’t 100% transparent. The third version of the preloader is.
– This is NOT a WordPress Plugin.